Are you about to make a choice for your EETS-compliant toll box? We have compiled a convenient checklist for you to ensure that your choice is future-proof.
- Do the EETS-boxes originate from a certified EETS-provider?
- Will the EETS-box supplier live up to its promise regarding the date of introduction?
- What are the costs of the box? Are these costs once-only, or does the box imply a hidden system fee for users? It is only the sun that rises for free, after all.
- What are the toll costs you pay in the end? Are there any surcharges, like service costs?
Complying with technical demands
- Is the box installed plug-and-play in the cabin?
- Are new updates (mind you, these will be effected continuously) fed over-the-air without requiring additional action on your part?
- Will you be able to exchange boxes flexibly among your vehicles?
- Does the box contain a button for setting axle numbers?
24/7 service & support
- If your EETS-box comes through a reseller, how are defects tackled in order to prevent fines and penalties being given on the road?
- What is the back-up solution if the box shows defects or updates are not timely installed?
- Has the complementary software module for Italy been installed already, or will this require a separate manual installation round, or even an extra box at a later stage?
- Has the box been developed on the basis of modern technology, or is it an on-development based on obsolete technology (the first boxes originate from the ‘90s after all)?
- Will there be sufficient reporting and analysis options?
- Will future reporting options also include the possibility of integrating your own records and data in your analyses?
The DKV BOX EUROPE already meets all the above demands.