The emission sticker (so called „Crit’Air“ or „Certificat qualité de l’air“) will be mandatory for the use of the defined Low Emission Zone of Paris from January 15, 2017 onward.
What you need to know:
- The Low Emission Zone of Paris includes the area within the City of Paris Highway (= Périphérique)
- Driving in this zone will be only allowed with a valid emission sticker on weekdays from Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- The emission sticker will be mandatory for all vehicles, incl. busses and trucks
- There are 6 sticker categories, each subject to the Euro classes, registration year and motorization type of the vehicles
- This sticker will be attached to the wind screen of the vehicle
- In the event of failure/default, the holder of the truck will have to pay a fine of 135 Euros, the holder of a light vehicle 68 Euros
How to order and pay my Crit’Air sticker?
- You can order your sticker via: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu
- The price of the emission sticker amounts to 4,18 Euros
- The emission sticker can be paid via credit card or Maestro card
- The French Government gives a warning of providers, who offer the emission sticker at overpriced fees
Further development of the use of emission stickers in France
- Further French big cities such as Lyon are planning to introduce the mandatory emission fee sticker in 2017
- More restrictions and prohibitions might be introduced by 2020
- Trucks with Euro class 3, registered before 2006, as well as light vehicles and utility cars with Euro class 2, registered before January 2001, will be kept out by law of the Low Emission Zone of Paris from July 1, 2017 onwards
We are currently developing Further detailed information on how to fill in the French sticker order forms for the Crit’Air emission sticker. We will inform you once more is available.